The direct answer is M-sand can be used for construction but the slighter difference in mixing ratio can affect the quality of the mix.
What is M-sand ?
M-sand[Manufactured sand] is produced by crushing large hard stones into fine aggregates. M-sand is manufactured in factory. M-sand is used for construction purposes since there is a high demand for river sand.
- Concrete using M-sand attains higher compressive strength compared to concrete using river sand.
- The strength of masonry wall using M-sand is higher than river sand.
- Durability and workability of concrete using m-sand is higher.
- The setting time of M-sand used concrete is quick compared to river sand used concrete.
Advantages of m-sand
- Quality is controlled as manufactured in factory.
- No slit contents can be used directly.
- M-sand is economic compared river sand.
- Quick setting time and yields higher strength.
- Eco friendly and wastage can be reduced.
Disadvantages of m-sand
- Curing must be highly concentrated.
- Ratio of concrete must be done properly.
- In m-sand moisture is available only in washed m-sand where as in sand moisture is trapped in between the particles.
Which sand can be used for house construction?
Comparatively both M-sand and River sand can be used for construction purposes.
Depending upon the following factors River sand is preferable.
- Ease of use.
- Less air cracks on plastering.
Depending upon the following factors M-sand is preferable.
It’s better and advisable to use m-sand for construction purposes.
Is M-sand can be used for construction? Yes! M-sand can be used for construction.
M-sand can be used for house construction purposes. It is advisable to use M-sand with proper guidance .
Widely said it also slightly has higher room temperature compared to river sand.
Professional Construction company in Trichy
Acasa construction, you can trust to get the job done on time and on budget.
We are absolutely committed to our client’s satisfaction. It’s been our philosophy since day one.